Welcome to our website!
Diane Battiato is a lifelong resident of the metropolitan Omaha area. She has 3 adult children and 9 grandchildren.
Diane is the first woman in Douglas County, Nebraska, history to serve as Register of Deeds. She was elected in November 2004 and sworn into office in January 2005. In 2008, she campaigned for re-election and was unopposed. Diane began her second term in January 2009. Diane has 14 year's experience in the Register of Deeds office.
As an employee, Diane worked closely with the Register of Deeds, preparing yearly budgets, ensuring sound fiscal management, and maintaining an efficient system of document recording. Since Diane assumed office, the Register of Deeds has become known for its outstanding operations efficiency and customer service. The office is responsible for more than 15,000,000 stored documents, dating back to 1854, that cover more than 200K parcels of property.
Diane also is a real estate broker with more than 25 years experience. She is the broker/owner of Battiato Real Estate.
Diane's community and professional associations include:
Past Papillion, NE, City Council president
- National and Nebraska Associations of County Officials (NACO)
- National and Nebraska Associations of County Recorders and Clerks (NACRC)
- Property Records Industry Association--Land Fraud Work Group (PRIA)
- National and Nebraska Associations of Realtors
- Omaha Area Board of Realtors
- Omaha and Nebraska Realtors Governmental Affairs Committees
- Women's Council of Realtors--past Omaha Chapter president
- Conference for Inclusive Communities
- Greater Omaha and Ralston Chambers of Commerce
- Downtown Omaha Inc. (DOI)
- Millard Business Association (MBA)
- South Omaha Merchants Association
- Brown/Black Coalition
- Wesley House--board of directors
- Eastern Nebraska Office on Aging "Meals on Wheels" program (ENOA)
- League of Women Voters